Just the Facts
Since 2000, ASRL has achieved:
- $4 million of program assistance to 11,300 family members at 50 pediatric hospitals in 24 states
- Funding partnerships at 12 premier children’s hospitals
- 57% of funds to housing to prevent foreclosure and eviction
- Reach into diverse underserved communities
- Featured in People, Reader’s Digest, LA Times, Chronicle of Philanthropy, Town & Country, The Tyra Banks Show, Montel Williams and NewsHour with Jim Lehrer
- Major funding from: Genentech Foundation, Johnson & Johnson, UPS Foundation, Diller von-Furstenberg Foundation, Edwards Life Sciences, Varian Medical Devices, and over 600 generous individual donors.
How do families use our assistance?
Click this link to see the distribution of ASRL’s assistance to cover urgent needs.
What are the goals of our assistance?
- Keep single parent families at the child’s bedside during catastrophic illness
- Prevent foreclosure, eviction, utility disconnection, car repossession during medical crisis
- Work through pediatric social workers who perform due diligence and verify a family’s need
- Provide urgent financial assistance within 24 hours of request for food, housing, utilities, transportation
- Reach families nationwide
Click here for our IRS determination letter.